Oh my fellow humans! These Poolside Cosmos are gooooooooooood. I made them at my cousin’s house and we were out in her backyard swimming so I put them over ice in plastic wine glasses rather than fancy martini glasses.
Still delicious. I also threw in a lime wedge because I love lime with cranberry juice and my cousin has a giant lime tree in her backyard.
I highly recommend Contessa Garten’s version of this once very trendy cocktail.
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 4 ounces Cointreau liqueur
- 7 ounces cranberry juice cocktail, such as Ocean Spray
- 7 ounces good vodka, such as Grey Goose
- In a pitcher, stir together the lemon juice, Cointreau, cranberry juice cocktail, vodka, and egg white (if using). Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and pour enough of the drink mixture into the shaker to almost fill it. Shake the cocktail for a full 30 seconds (it’s longer than you think!) and strain into martini glasses. Serve ice cold.
Copyright 2012, Barefoot Contessa Foolproof by Ina Garten, Clarkson Potter/Publishers, All Rights Reserved