Share The Meal is an app from the World Food Programme that enables people to donate small amounts of money that provide meals to children in need. With a tap on your smartphone you can ‘share the meal’ with a child in need.
- The United Nations World Food Programme provides the meals.
- They show their progress and where the meals are distributed.
- It costs 50 cents to feed one child for a day.
- You can donate 50 cents at a time because 50 cents is a meaningful amount.
- The app makes it easy to donate.
- Here is a link to the charitable impact statement from 2018.
I have a friend who every time she gets out her phone to use Apple Pay, she donates 50 cents. I donate 50 cents every time I pay for a meal or snack or drink out in the world. Because I have my phone in my hand to pay, it reminds me to donate.
If you are on a tight budget, it can be difficult to donate to charity as much as you would like. Share the Meal allows people to make small yet meaningful donations as often as they are able without requiring a set amount per month.
It’s a great idea. 44 million meals donated thus far.